In the framework of SIL2016 and with the collaboration of the Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASCAME) and the Barcelona’s Chamber of Commerce, the Consorci de la Zona Franca de Barcelona organizes the 14th Mediterranean Logistics and Transport Summit.
The 14th edition of the Meda Logistics & Transport Summit is a commitment to this industry as a fundamental basis for economic integration, confirming the pioneering vision of the forum, which has provided the sector with a platform for exchange, business cooperation and reflection since 2003.
Sessions will look at the relationship between the Mediterranean region and Latin America, China as well as the Gulf Countries and will include the following topics:
• The importance of the Transport and logistics sector as economic pillars and determining factors for the integration of a single Mediterranean market
• An analysis of the different international projects
• The Mediterranean aviation transport industry
• Challenges and developments, the potential for a Mediterranean Intermodal Transport Strategy.
• Integration and competition between Transport & Logistics Businesses
• From Panama to Suez - Mediterranean and Latin America Transport & Logistic meet
• From Dubai to Barcelona - The Mediterranean and Gulf Countries Transport & Logistic meet
• From Pekin to Mediterranean region - Chine and the Mediterranean meet
• New Trends in Mediterranean ports and Shipping Industry
• Business Opportunities - Invited Country- Algeria
At the same time, the Mediterranean Port Summit will present the newest developments in the port industry, in sessions such as “New trends in the Mediterranean Ports Industry” or “Integration and Competition between Maritime Transport and Logistics Businesses”.
Among the guest speakers are the CEO of the Panama Canal Authority, the Executive Vice-President of Shanghai Ports and Harbours Association and the President of the Arab Business Club.