The iHERITAGE project activities will take place in the most remarkable Egyptian UNESCO World Heritage Site: The Pyramids Field from Giza to Dahshur.
The national strategy on culture in Egypt is one of the most developed in the Mediterranean region, treating cultural heritage in a holistic approach and marking a unique experience in the application of the latest ICT innovations on heritage issues in the framework of Egypt’s 2030 sustainable development strategy. This helps maximize ICT contributions to the economic growth of the country and fosters the implementation of existing and future innovation plans such as those of iHERITAGE.
The Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations (CEEBA) is one of 10 organizations from 6 Mediterranean counties sharing interest in the iHERITAGE project. CEEBA is the project’s official communication coordinator and will join other partners in:
- the activation of Living Labs, which are intended as user-centered, open innovation ecosystems integrating research and innovation processes in real life communities and settings
- fostering 3 Research Agreements on the Analysis of intangible cultural heritage in Egypt
- managing of sub-grant offering a total of €50.000 to support the creation of spin-offs
- the design of a training program to inform and enthuse aspiring researchers, providing them with improved capabilities of commercial and marketing exploitation of research results
- publishing and managing calls for action for the creation of 6 innovative products/services in Egypt, which will be proposed by SME’s, researchers, NEETs and young creatives
- offering commercial support services of the 6 new products and services through the organization and/or participation in international fairs, conferences, workshops, meeting, etc.
- supporting the establishment of 7 spin-offs and new-co
- the generation of 5 co-patents related to the newly developed research agreements and innovative products/services
iHERITAGE will foster the introduction of the following products to the UNESCO World Heritage Site: The Pyramids Field from Giza to Dahshur, in Egypt, offering an extraordinary experience for travelers and explorers from around the world.
- AR/VR solutions introducing intangible heritage related to food products at the basis of the Mediterranean Diet.
- AR/VR audio-video guided tours, accessible cross media, on PC, smartphone, tablet and AR glasses with an average of 20 Points of Interest (POI) accessible pre, during and post visit.
- 3D RE-CONTEXT solution, which will allow visualizing the archaeological finds in the original context they originally were, scenes of life and contexts of use of the past, etc.
- VR CARDBOARD EXCURSIONS will allow the view of VR content with the help of users’ own smartphones
- The SPACE-TIME ELEVATOR installation, which will be experimented inside the Pyramids of Giza Museum, allowing the user to enter a virtual lift that moves through space and time.
- HOLOGRAPHIC EXHIBITIONS involving holographic projections of the VR contents created for other products/services
- VIRTUAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL RECONSTRUCTION, which will involve laser scanning and photogrammetry, scenes of life, comparative analyses etc.
- VR ROOM & VR BOOTHS, offering visitors an immersive virtual experience through oculus, where the cultural sites will be virtually reconstructed, giving evidence of their original aspect and functions.