On the 6th of May, CEEBA and the Arab Academy for Science Technology and Maritime Transport in cooperation with BUSINESSMED and the Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry – ASCAME, with the support of the Egyptian Ministry of Trade and Industry, the Ministry of International Cooperation and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, held a major hybrid event titled “Blending BSO & incubators support”.
The hybrid event brought together and introduced the INVESTMED, CRE@CTIVE and INTECMED projects funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Med Programme as well as the regional EU ENI EBSOMED project. The event was attended online by over 400 people and held offline in the Arab Academy’s Smart Village campus, hosting over 80 people, and saw the participation of the EU Ambassador to Egypt, as well as the Egyptian Minister of Trade and industry, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of International Cooperation, Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry, president of the Arab Academy for Science and Technology, Coordinator of Joint Technical Secretariat, and the Secretary-General of BUSINESSMED.
The event was addressed by:
- H.E. Christian Berger, EU Ambassador, Head of EU Delegation in Egypt
- H.E. Amb. Raouf Saad, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt
- H.E. Dr Nivine Gamea, Minister of Trade and Industry of Egypt
- H.E. Dr Rania Al Mashat, Minister of International Cooperation of Egypt
- H.E. Dr Ismail Abdel Ghafar, President Arab Academy for Science Technology and Maritime Transport – AASTMT
- Ahmed El-Wakil, President, Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce and Industry – ASCAME
- Jihen Boutiba, Secretary-General BUSINESSMED
- Fabrizio Paloni, Coordinator of Joint Technical Secretariat – ENI CBC MED Programme
- Nadine Kilani, Project Manager at BUSINESSMED
- Dr Yeganeh Forouheshfar, Researcher at the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association – EMEA
- Konstantinos Giotopoulos, Project Manager at the Chamber of Achaia
The four projects are EBSOMED “Enhancing Business Support Organizations and Business Networks in the Southern Neighborhood”, CRE@CTIVE “Innovation for bringing creativity to activate Traditional Sectors in MED area”: Bringing Innovation & Creativity to the traditional sector of Textile, Garments, Leather and Footwear, INVESTMED “InNoVativE Sustainable sTart-ups for the MEDiterranean”: Promoting new sustainable business opportunities for Youth, Women and making MSMEs more competitive, and INTECMED “Incubators for innovation and technological transfer in the Mediterranean”: Transfer and commercialization of research results. These projects will continue for three years, with a total budget of about 20 million euros.
To learn more about the projects and listen to the valuable speeches of highly esteemed speakers, tune in to the recorded event here: “Blending BSO & Incubators Support”_Egypt
For more information on the projects please visit: