INTECMED- INCUBATORS FOR INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGICAL TRANSFER IN THE MEDITERRANEAN-
Boosting the cooperation between Science, Private sector and Governmental institutions to make Mediterranean SMEs more competitive and innovate- this is the main target of the recently launched INTECMED project.
INTECMED will develop an integrated innovation ecosystem to support technological transfer and the commercialization of research results. This will ultimately improve the linkages between the various innovation players and will help in bringing together the science system and higher education, policy makers and governments, the private sector (mainly SMEs), and also the citizens. At the end of the project at least 48 entrepreneurs will have been supported in commercializing innovative projects and at least 4 new spin-offs to be launched with the creation of not less than 12 new jobs.
The project is funded by the EU under the ENI CBC MED 2014-2020 Programme and has a total budget of 3.7 million EUR and CEEBA joins 8 other organizations from 4 Mediterranean countries who are actively participating and share interest in the INTECMED project:
· Greece: Chamber of Achaia
· Greece: University of Patras – Special Account of Research Funds
· Spain: Association of Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce
· Spain: Official Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Services and Navigation of Seville
· Spain: Foundation of Technological Corporation of Andalusia
· Tunisia: Cap Bon Chamber of Commerce and Industry
· Tunisia: National Agency for the Advancement of Scientific Research
· Egypt: Confederation of Egyptian European Business Associations
· Egypt: SEKEM Development Foundation
The 2014-2020 ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme is a multilateral CrossBorder Cooperation (CBC) initiative funded by the European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI). The Programme’s objective is to foster fair, equitable and sustainable economic, social, and territorial development, which may advance cross-border integration and valorize participating countries’ territories and values. The following 13 countries participate in the Programme: Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malta, Palestine, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia. The Managing Authority (JMA) is the Autonomous Region of Sardinia (Italy). Official Programme languages are Arabic, English, and French.
For more information, please visit: INTECMED | ENI CBC Med