The EU-funded INVESTMED project has opened the call for subgrants to support small businesses in the Southern Mediterranean.
The project aims to support Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (MSMEs) to improve their competitiveness, sustainability, capacity to innovate and internationalize, to foster sustainable growth and economic development in the region. Organizations with young individuals and/or women in management roles are given special attention.
Applications are eligible if you are based in: Marsa Matruh, Al-Iskandanyah, Al Buhayrah, Kafr ash Shaykh, Ad Daqahliyah, Dumyat, Ash Sharquiyah, Al Isma’iliyah and Bur Sa’id.
Applications are now open for start-ups and MSMEs in the following sectors:
- Green Economy – in which the economic activities, infrastructures and assets of the sector enable the reduction of carbon emissions and pollution, improve energy and resource efficiency, and avoid the loss of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Blue Economy – related to oceans, seas, lakes, rivers and coasts to promote economic growth, social inclusion and the preservation or improvement of livelihoods, while avoiding environmental and ecosystem degradation.
- Creative & Cultural Industries – enterprises engaged in the production or reproduction, promotion, distribution or marketing of goods, services and activities with content derived from cultural, artistic or heritage origins.
Chosen applicants will receive grants according to the following categories:
- Lot 1- Start-ups: maximum of 10.000 € per beneficiary (2 to be awarded)
- Lot 2 – New product/service: max. of 10.000 € per beneficiary (4 MSMEs to be awarded)
- Lot 3 – Internationalization: max. of 10.000 € per beneficiary (2 MSMEs to be awarded)
- Lot 4 – CCI projects: max. of 20.000 € per project (4 – 6 projects/ventures to be awarded)
Deadline to submit applications is 3 of March 2022
For more details, eligibility criteria and applications, please visit: INVESTMED Call: Sub-grants for Micro, Small & Medium-sized Enterprises – EMEA (euromed-economists.org)