Egypt Relaunches Sub-Grants for Bee-Economy Development
The EU-funded MedBEESinessHubs project has announced a new call for proposals to award sub-grants of EUR 5,000 to micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs), NGOs, and natural persons based in Egypt. The grants aim to support the development of the Bee-Economy sector, create a positive and long-lasting impact on rural areas and increase their competitiveness, sustainability, and access to cross-border and international markets as well as create jobs for young people and women in rural areas.
Applicants from Egypt must be based in the ENI CBC MED Program eligible areas of Marsa Matruh, Al-Iskandanyah, Al Buhayrah, Kafr ash Shaykh, Ad Daqahliyah, Dumyat, Ash Sharquiyah, Al Isma’iliyah, or Bur Sa’id.
Funding is available for the following initiatives:
- upgrading and creating MSMEs/start-ups/NGOs managed by young people and/or women,
- developing new products and services in the Bee-Economy Sector
- upgrading processing units for bee products including their certification with quality assurance systems
- increasing the number of MSMEs operating in the Bee-Economy using information and communication technologies (AI, VR, AR, etc.)
- producing and promoting organic bee products/services.
To apply and for more information, including the timeline and eligibility requirements, interested parties should download the full set of documents from the following link, and email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by the extended deadline on May 28th, 2023, at 17:00 Cairo Time.
Don’t miss this opportunity to create a positive impact on rural areas and take part in the development of the Bee-Economy sector in Egypt.