MEDWAYCAP (Mediterranean pathWAY for innovation CAPitalisation toward an urban-rural integrated development of non-conventional water resources) is an EU funded ENI CBC MED Capitalization project that aims to foster the use of treated wastewater as a non-conventional water resource (NCWR) to help overcome the regional water scarcity.
A well-organized capitalization platform for networking and knowledge transfer shall equip beneficiaries with a capacity-building toolbox and state-of-the-art knowledge on NCWR techniques, management, planning, and skills to reuse at a territorial level for domestic and agricultural purposes.
The project has a duration of 24 months and a total budget of 1.1 million euros, of which 90% is funded by the European Union.
The project partners:
- Centre for Research and Technology, Hellas (Greece) as lead partner
- Desertification research centre – University of Sassari (Italy)
- Centro Euromediterra neo per lo Sviluppo Sostenibile – SVI.MED (Italy)
- Confederation of Egyptian European Associations (Egypt)
- Agenzija ghall-Energija u l-Ilma (Malta)
- Palestinian Wastewater Engineers Group – PWEG (Palestine)
- Centre de Recherches et Technologies des Eaux – CRETE (Tunisia)
- National Agricultural Research Center – NARC (Jordan)
- Centre International de Hautes Etudes Agronomiques Méditerranéen nes (C.I.H.E.A.M)- Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Bari (Italy)
Stay tuned for more info!